Residential Boilers - Gas Boilers Series 63™ Boiler
The Series 63™ was designed as an industry-leading steam boiler that can also be used in hot water applications. Large cast iron sections and significant water content make it ideal for any steam or large volume hot water application. The integral draft diverter lends to a low-profile design allowing for installation in tight spaces with low ceilings.
Now Available – save time and money with complete Near Boiler Piping Kits, available for Series 63™ boilers. Click here for more information.
Construction: Cast Iron
Fuel: Gas-Fired (Natural or LP)
Input: 88.5 to 287.5 MBH
Output: 73 to 241 MBH
Venting: Natural Draft
Trim: Water or Steam
Ignition: Spark Pilot
|Series 63™||Water Content||Approx. Shipping Weight, lb|
|Model Number||Input, MBH||Heating Capacity3, MBH||Net Ratings1||AFUE3|
|Water||Steam||Steam, sqft||Steam, MBH||Water, MBH||Water, %||Steam, %||Water, gal||Steam, gal|
- Net Ratings are based on DOE Heating Capacity less an allowance for normal piping and pickup as determined by the Testing and Rating Standard for Low Pressure Cast Iron Heating Boilers of the Hydronics Institute. Water ratings are based on a piping and pickup factor of 1.15. Steam ratings are based on a piping and pickup factor of 1.33. Consult PB Heat before selecting a boiler for gravity hot water installations or for installations having unusual piping and pickup requirements such as exposed piping, night set-back, etc. Ratings shown are for elevations up to 2,000 feet. For elevations above 2,000 feet, ratings should be reduced at the rate of 4% for each 1,000 feet above sea level.
- Minimum Natural Gas Inlet Pressure exceptions: 63-06 SPRK 5.3”.
- Heating Capacity and Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) ratings are based on U.S. Government tests.
Series 63™ Boiler Dimensions
|Boiler Model Number||Jacket Depth
|Rear of Jkt. to c/l of Vent
|Left of Jkt. to c/l of Vent
|Vent Size Dia.
|Rear of Jkt. to c/l of Supply
|Rear of Jkt. to c/l of Gas Inlet
|63-04L||28-1/8″||20-3/8″||36-3/8″||5-1/8″||10-3/16″||7″ or 6″*||37-1/4″||18-11/16″||25-7/8″|
|63-04||28-1/8″||20-3/8″||36-3/8″||5-1/8″||10-3/16″||7″ or 6″*||37-1/4″||18-11/16″||25-7/8″|
* Draft hood outlet and vent damper are 7″ diameter on 63-04L and 63-04. These models are also certified in USA with 6″ vent using vent reducer provided in draft hood carton. Install reducer on outlet of vent damper.
|Tap ID||Size N.P.T.||Steam||Water|
|K||1 14″||Skim Tapping*||Skim Tapping*|
|N||3/4″||Boiler Drain||Boiler Drain|
|S||3/4″||Safety Valve*||Relief Valve*|
|U||3/4″||Primary Probe Low Water Cut-Off||N/A|
|V||3/4″||N/A or Primary Limit (9-12)||N/A or Secondary Limit (9-12)|
|W||3/4″||Press. Gauge or Secondary Limit (9-12)||Press./Temp. Gauge or
Primary Limit (9-12)
|X||3/4″||Primary Limit or Press. Gauge (9-12)||Primary Limit or Temp/Press Gauge (9-12)|
|Y||3/4″||Secondary Probe Low Water Cut-Off||N/A|
* For relief valve larger than 3/4″, use “K” boiler skim tapping. Do not increase the pipe size between the boiler and the valve.